Monday, February 8, 2010

People, always others.

I've been struggling for a long time to figure out who I am as a person and how people perceive me. I have yet to figure out who I am and what I want, but I know how people see me. I'm a push-over, the motherly addition to the group. I take care of my friends, I put them before me. I realized this about three days after coming back from break, and I've isolated myself since then. (Not like COMPLETELY isolated - I still see my friends, but I go out on my own a lot more now.)

People change.
Shit happens.
It's up to you to live your life the way you want it to be lived.

I came to this school to earn my degree. Making friends is just that little added plus, but it's not a necessity. So, it's time for a change. I'm focusing on me from now on. I'm cutting out the bad, and adding the good.

xx

1 comment: